Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hot Yoga

Have you done hot yoga? Sounds like a terrible idea. I went to my first hot yoga class today. It was hot. Michelle, my running coach (she likes when I call her that) taught the class and it was amazing! I was amazing because I went to the class but I was not amazing in the class. Apparently everyone in the class can balance on their pinky toe. It was quite a talented group of very fit ladies.

I was inspired! I want to get good at yoga! So I will start going regularly (but maybe to a few classes that aren't so advanced) and build up to Michelle's class.

Hot Yoga seems like a terrible idea but it really is nice! Even in the summer but I think it would be especially nice in the winter. My goal, when I am back in town, is to go to the club 5 days a week and do exercise that won't hurt my foot: yoga, spinning, swimming...hmmm, what else?


I need to start posting regularly. After my upcoming trip I will start posting more consistently. I promise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and your journey it describes. Very inspiring stuff for me and many others.
I LOVE hot yoga. Of course it was hard at first, but once I got used to it, I really do crave it when I miss classes. It is especially wonderful in the winter and it even makes a hot summer day feel not so bad.

Linda Austin Hart said...

hot? why is it called that?

Salt H2O said...

I think by law vegans have to do yoga.

Hans and Michelle said...

I do like when you call me your running coach. It makes me laugh out loud. And you did amazing in your first hot yoga class. No one can do yoga well their few several classes. So come back! And post more often. And I agree with the other comment that people really do expect that vegans do yoga. And have a tattoo. Or have one or the other...

Kelly Ovard said...

A tattoo? Really? Well, I guess thats it- I can't be vegan!