I am 46 years old. I turned 46 this week. I don't mind telling you I am 46 because I feel like I am 36. In fact I feel better now than I did at age 36. I am stronger and healthier now. But sharing my weight...that seems like such a stigma. Each Monday I step on the scales and I am amazed that I have lost weight. I average 2 lbs a week. Occasionally I will show a 1 lb loss, but the next week it will 3 lbs. I feel surprised by the loss because I am completely satiated on this diet. I don't feel like I am struggling at all. It seems too easy.
Are you interested in how tall I am? I always like to know how tall people are along with their weight. I am 5'9".
Okay. Enough stalling. When I started this diet on February 16th I weighed 236 lbs. I set a goal to get under 200 lbs by my 46th birthday. On my birthday I weighed myself and came in at 199!
- I've lost 37 pounds in 12 weeks.
- I've lowered my cholesterol by more than 50 points.
- I can run 3 miles - alone - without anyone pushing me.
- I feel pretty darn good about myself.
- I only need 6 hours of sleep - unless I work out really hard.
- I have energy and stamina.
- I am more cheerful and think more clearly.
- Allergies are nearly gone
- Skin looks better and better each week.
- I want fresh produce and whole food to eat.
- the list of good news goes on and on.
So now you know. I weigh 199 lbs. But don't hang on to that number for long - because it ain't stickin' on me.