So my days usually look like this as far as food goes:
- Always a green smoothie (about 20 oz. - usually enough to keep me happy for 3 hours)
- Usually some fruit
- Sometimes oatmeal or granola with a little almond milk and sliced fruit and cinnamon
- Always a big salad (I mean huge. It takes forever to eat. I usually read while I eat even though diet books say that is a bad habit)
- Either leftovers from dinner the night before or, hummus and toasted pitas, or homemade whole wheat bread with almond butter
- sliced veggies
- small handful of nuts
- very thin bread with almond butter and bananas
- almond date rolls - yum!
- cup of hot tea
Dessert:We hardly ever need dessert after dinner. the nice thing about this diet is that all my nutrition needs are being more than met so my body doesn't crave sugar - not even during "PMS" time (which has disappeared with this diet). But if I have the need for a goodie I will make fruit or a fruit smoothie. We also make very low fat, low sugar kettle corn.
Tune in tomorrow for dinner menu ideas!