Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Daily Menu

People ask me what I eat everyday if I am not eating dairy (what?! No yogurt!??) or meat or processed food. Well, to tell the truth I do eat some processed sugar now and then but it makes me feel bad now that I am off it. However, I very rarely have dairy and I no longer like the texture of meat but I sure do love the salt the meat is seasoned with!

So my days usually look like this as far as food goes:

Breakfast:
  • Always a green smoothie (about 20 oz. - usually enough to keep me happy for 3 hours)
  • Usually some fruit
  • Sometimes oatmeal or granola with a little almond milk and sliced fruit and cinnamon
Lunch:
  • Always a big salad (I mean huge. It takes forever to eat. I usually read while I eat even though diet books say that is a bad habit)
  • Either leftovers from dinner the night before or, hummus and toasted pitas, or homemade whole wheat bread with almond butter
Snack: Sometimes I need a snack
  • sliced veggies
  • fruit
  • small handful of nuts
  • very thin bread with almond butter and bananas
  • almond date rolls - yum!
  • leftovers
  • cup of hot tea 
Dinner:Veggies are the main course and side dish too! I will post some sample dinner menus tomorrow. Roland (he has a secret desire to be my blog coach) has been telling me that I need to create a list of dinner ideas. He is right.

Dessert:
We hardly ever need dessert after dinner. the nice thing about this diet is that all my nutrition needs are being more than met so my body doesn't crave sugar - not even during "PMS" time (which has disappeared with this diet). But if I have the need for a goodie I will make fruit or a fruit smoothie. We also make very low fat, low sugar kettle corn.

Tune in tomorrow for dinner menu ideas!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Lovely post. This is a pre-answer to the email to you I have drafted and waiting to be sent. Please post the dinner ideas as well!