Here are some tried and true dinner recipes that my entire family likes and will eat without being bribed. Most of them make great leftovers too. There is enough here to get you through 11 days.
- Tofu scramble (just like scrambled eggs - add peppers, onion, avacado, Red Hot sauce)
- Stir Fry
- Amy's Soups (lentil, bean chili - top with fresh tomatoes and avacado - perfect for stressful nights!)
- Veggie Sandwiches
- Veggie Burgers (marinate veggies in your favorite marinade and grill. Eggplant and portobello mushrooms make excellent burgers!)
- Three Bean Chili - (saute onion, peppers, celery and garlic [lots of garlic] - add tomatoes (fresh or canned) oregano, cumin, chili powder, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans - top with chopped lettuce, cilantro, and avocado)
- Chickpea Curry Super easy - open cans and fix.
- Spaghetti Squash with Eggplant sauce (saute eggplant slices and pour a jar of Classico sauce over and simmer until bubbly - one of Roland's favorite)
- Wild Beans and Rice ( a little work but worth it)
- Veggie Lasagna - a crowd pleaser every time and easy! Great leftovers!
Now that the weather is cold I am starting on soups. You already know I made that nasty butternut soup but I am going to try a new butternut one this weekend. Tomorrow (hopefully) I will post my new Mushroom and Wild Rice recipe that I adapted from a Williams Sonoma recipe. Yum!