On February 16th, 2010 my husband, Roland, and I started the big makeover of our lives. We went vegan. Completely vegan. No meat, no animal products. We took it a step further and eliminated all sugar, refined food, and oils.
My handsome husband works with overachievers who have, like, metaled in the Olympics or at least hang out with people who did, and they are practically perfect in every way. Did I mention that they are overachievers? They teach people how to eat and how to exercise and how to be amazing. They have been talking to Roland about this plan for over a year. They want to do a CEO makeover thing on him and the family just has to go along if it going to work. So we measured our cholesterol (mine is high, Roland's is higher), heart rate, weight, and body fat and took before pictures (only of Roland - I ain't doin' that).
On Valentine's weekend we gorged on sugar cookies, pizza, french bread dipped in butter, and pot roast. Then we started the program.
Eat To Live is what we are following. My doctor endorsed the book and encouraged us to stick with it. So far it has been an amazing experience.
Because this is such a huge change I need to talk talk talk about it. On this blog I hope to share:
- emotions/feelings I have as we make this change
- how it is affecting the entire family
- how much it costs
- how awful or delicious it tastes
- any helpful hints I might have for you non-vegans (how self-righteous that sounds!)
- the results of this big change
- what it is like to go from carnivore doughnut eater to vegan
- delicious recipes (if there are any)
- and much much more!
Wish us luck!