In the past month I have lost 18 lbs and Roland has lost 22 lbs! Last night we talked about if we would keep eating this way if we stopped losing weight and decided that we would. This has turned into something bigger than losing weight (although that is VERY important to me). We both feel like we could eat this way the rest of our lives. Why?
- The food tastes better. I am tasting the real food rather than the salt, sugar, butter, dressing, and gravy that I used to dump on the food.
- I feel better. I wake up refreshed and hop out of bed after 6 1/2 hours of sleep ( I used to need 8).
- The dark circles under Roland's eyes are nearly gone.
- My hangnails are gone.
- We don't even miss meat. Roland says he misses cheese, but I don't.
- My kitchen is cleaner. Veggies are so much cleaner than animal products.
- I can run - On my old diet I doubt I'd be able to keep up with my younger skinnier running buddies.
- PMS might be a thing of the past.
- Eating veggies and fruit is starting to get easier and easier.
- I am free of cravings. I don't crave anything at all - except fresh food loaded with healthy nutrients.
Ike is going to do the diet with me "hard core" starting tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if it helps his eczema and asthma. We are going on vacation so my posts might be a little irregular.
Yay for one month!