Hey! These are nasty!
In both cases it was because I let myself get too hungry. Yesterday I didn't take time to eat a decent lunch that would last for hours. Instead I just had a green smoothie - 2 hours later - dazed and confused with Oreo crumbs on my face.
Today I had a big salad with nuts, avocado, black beans, and toasted pita with hummus. You could wave a plate of warm homemade chocolate chip cookies in my face and I would proudly laugh! I don't want that! My body is too good for that!
You have to take time to care for yourself. Don't let yourself get too busy, too distracted, or too involved to feed yourself right.
- Grapefruit and orange salad (grapefruit is 6/$1 at Sunflower this week)
- Huge green smoothie (kale, red chard, apple, banana, ground flax, blueberries, and water)
- One slice dark rye bread
- big salad with nuts, avocado, apple, red pepper, black beans,
- toasted pita with hummus
- Warm applesauce with cinnamon
- More grapefruit (hey! it's cheap)
- Michelle's Sweet-potato Leek Soup (Hey! It's snowing!)
- Kale Salad (hey! it's good for you)