Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5 Days A Week



I set a goal this week to attend 5 classes at our gym. Today is day 2 and so far, 2 classes done! Yesterday was yoga and it left me a little sore but not miserable. Today I did the barbell class where I learned how to do the clean and jerk just like you see on the Olympics! Well, ok, I probably didn't look Olympic-like mostly because my barbell weighed a massive 9 lbs. But I can tell I am going to be sore tomorrow. Really sore.

The ladies in the classes are friendly and nice (and use MUCH heavier weights), quick to introduce themselves and say a few encouraging words when I tell them it is my first time in the class. Some even invited me back to the next class and I am totally accepting that invitation.

I have a theory that exercise makes it easier to eat healthy. People say it is because they don't want to eat junk after working so hard, but I think it is because of the good endorphins released. I just feel happier and more in control after I exercise.

Tomorrow I plan to go to a Zumba class, it will leave me all sweaty for a meeting, but that's ok. Right? I'm also considering a spinning class. I went spinning years ago and didn't like it, but Kelly tells me I should go and she is usually right.

I think I will sleep well tonight!