Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Corndog Super Power

"If I could have any super power I would be able to shoot corndogs out my wrist, fully cooked, with mustard. Awesome!" - Ike, age 14 after his first corndog for a long long time.

You may wonder, is that why Robin hasn't posted for 7 weeks? Has she been on that new corndog/twinkie/county fair diet? Of course not. I've been around, eating my veggies and fruits and nuts and beans and seeds and grains. Lots of grains. Probably too many grains. And maybe too much fat and sugar. But I am back from my blogcation and ready to share with you all the enthusiasm I can muster up!

Roland and I hit the very first farmer's market this week and brought home a cooler filled with garlic scapes, spinach, baby greens, bok choy, head lettuce (a little bitter - but it will do), sweet peas, kale, and freshly laid eggs. Today I made a huge breakfast fruit salad with watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, and blue berries. Our 21 year old son is living at home with us and between him, Ike, and Roland you have to fight for the fruit! And the avocados!

Here is a delicious summer dinner for you:

Grilled veggies kabobs, fruit salad, green salad, roasted sweet potato fries, and grilled pineapple for dessert.

Here are all the kabobs waiting to be grilled. We fed 9 people with these delicious beauties.  My sisters helped make them:

These are  (some of) my sisters - they are both eating a plant diet and you will notice how cute and healthy they are! Bright sparkling eyes and vigorous health comes from all that spinach and kale!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Those kabobs look yummy. And it's true, your sisters are cute.

Thank you for the post. I want to go eat some watermelon now.

Martha said...

Love your blog! I have been copying your menus and recipes. Please keep up the good work!!

Linda Austin Hart said...

yay! Your're blogging & inspiring others again!