Friday, July 23, 2010

10K Manipulation

The running thing has slipped a bit. I've only run about 6 times in the last month. The less you run the less you want to run. I keep telling myself that once school starts I will be more consistent. But I worry that I won't.

Ike loved the BolderBoulder race and wants to do more races so a few weeks ago Roland said we should all do a 10K. Blah! I almost talked him out of it with my argument that we should spend the morning hiking instead. Or maybe painting the garage? I didn't want to run that race- even if it is mostly downhill. Finally Roland said, fine just drop us off and pick us up. So, I am doing the race.

It is tomorrow. I'll be the last one over the finish. High 5 me if you are still there.

4 comments:

Jen and Kent said...

I thought about doing this race. I have to run tomorrow anyways. I wonder if it is to late to sign up? hmmm....

My motivation seems to be avoiding me too!

Emily said...

Robin, you can do it! Post about it when you're done.

I've been walking most mornings, and for me that is a big improvement.

I really love a brisk walk, but running? I just can't handle it right now. I want to want to, but I don't. Instead of feeling overwhelmed about not doing it, I'm just going to walk for now. I'd like to get into running soon though.

Maybe you can help me. :)

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Virtual HIGH 5!

Linda Austin Hart said...

I'll be thinking of you as Alan and I walk Ahti on the Edwards Greenhouse loop.