Thursday, June 24, 2010

CSA

I signed up for a CSA this summer. CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. You pay money up front and then all summer long you get local, organic, freshly picked produce. Such a great deal. Each Saturday morning I go to the farmer's market down the street and get my bags of produce.

Last week was the first week (it takes a while for stuff to get growing here) and I got all kinds of weird stuff like garlic scapes, brocolli raab, and tatsoi. I also got herbs (basil, cilantro), peas, spinach, beet greens (with little baby beets) arugula, radishes and a huge head of lettuce. That picture really doesn't do it justice. It seemed as large as an 18 month old child. We are still munching on it.

Check out CSAs in your area. I think they are a great deal!

No comments: