Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weighing In

 

For the last 4 weeks I have plateaued on my weight. I was stuck at 198 for nearly a month. I started to worry that I would never loose more weight, that I would never be really healthy, that I would always be chubby. But I kept eating nutritiously because I wanted keep feeling good. Part of the reason I plateaued might have been because in 3 weeks we: celebrated 2 birthdays, high school graduation, a dance festival, senior recitals, an anniversary, 3 house guests, and went to China! I ate right and exercised through all that, but the scale wouldn't budge.

Yesterday when I hit the scales (I weigh in about once a week) I found that I was at 193! WooHoo! Only 4 lbs away from the 180's! That brings my total weightloss up to 44lbs.

Roland reminded me that when he lost 40 lbs he hit a plateau for about 3 weeks and then finally the weight loss resumed. So, if any of you hit that plateau hang in there! Don't give up!

..................

For dinner last night I made this green bean stir fry that was delicious! Margaret, the author of the recipe, is in our Green Goddess group. I cut the sugar out and only used half the sesame oil and it was good. I served it with a big salad, brown rice, and grapes.

3 comments:

Linda Austin Hart said...

That's terrific!

wife2abadge said...

That's fantastic! How do you continue on without getting impatient and throwing in the towel? I had three weeks in a row when I only lost .2 lbs and then I struggled with eating a bunch of snacks at work because I gave into my discouragement.

I guess part of the problem is that I don't feel very different eating the ETL way. I already exercised regularly and ate an almost vegetarian diet with mostly real food. I didn't experience any surge of healthy feelings or energy, and my motivation to continue is waning as I see my family eating pop tarts....

Unknown said...

Robin-I am so happy for you! I found myself in the same situation three weeks ago. The scale would not budge. I called Sally in tears(I know pathetic huh)-this week the weight is dropping off. It is hard not to feel discouraged. Thank you for this great blog. I look forward to it everyday!