Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Banquet Food

This morning found me and my handsome son at the Senior Breakfast and Capping Ceremony. It is a wonderful tradition that I have been looking forward to for a long time. I wasn't sure what to expect of breakfast but figured there would be at least some fruit as it was held at a nice convention center.

No Fruit. In fact, nothing edible at all. On my beautifully set table was a plate holding 4 limp pieces of bacon, a pile of reconstituted eggs (sprinkled with parsley), and 2 eggo-style pancakes. Not even an orange slice. Waa! I was really hungry so I tasted the eggs - they tasted like chemicals, no way was I going to touch that bacon, so I ate one pancake, plain, and regretted it immediately. It left an aftertaste of freezer burn in my mouth and dropped like lead in my stomach.

Lesson Learned: Next time I will request a vegan meal and if that isn't possible (or I don't feel brave enough yet) then I will eat in advance. I can't expect other people to be in charge of my health.

6 comments:

Linda said...

My LDL cholesterol dropped from 188 to 164, & HDL increased from 33.6 to 47 over the last 4 weeks on this diet.

Emily said...

Robin, I have been trying to be more mindful of eating healthier (because you inspire me) and I have noticed more chemically tastes to foods that I don't think I noticed before.

Thanks for sharing this story!

Mom, that is awesome! Way to go! I am so proud of you. You both inspire me.

xoxo

Emily said...

So Robin, I've noticed that some posts get a lot of comments, while others don't. I suspect that you have a lot of readers on this blog, but they don't comment as much...maybe because they're just soaking it all up and don't have much to add besides, "Wow, this inspires me, I want to do it too!"

Do you know how many readers you have on average? I'm just wondering.

Robin said...

Em- I am averaging about 40 readers per day. So you are right about people not making comments - but I have noticed that is a new trend - people just don't comment like they use to.

Rachael Jill said...

"I can't expect other people to be incharge of my health."

Great quote.

andrea chiu said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for inspiring us.
Keep it up and continue on what your doing. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com