Here is our latest invention. I got the idea from watching Good Eats when he had a special on chickpeas (garbonzo beans). Ike thought it looked like a good treat and begged me to make it. It can be served warm as a main dish or cold as a salad (I had a bunch for lunch yesterday with an orange on the side). It's a little salty because of the olives and artichokes and peppers. And it is not low fat - feel free to eat it with balsamic vinegar instead. We named it Garbonzo Delight. (Tempted to call it Delightful Robin's Garbonzos! but that sounds like I am describing something else...)
- 3 cups chickpeas - cooked or from a can (Here are directions on how to cook them)
- 1 medium zucchini - thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 leaf kale finely chopped
- 5 artichoke hearts (packed in water) - roughly chopped
- 4 pepperochinis - thinly sliced
- 10 olives (your choice) sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 T Veganaise
- 1 T vinegar
- 2 t dijon mustard
- dash garlic powder
- dash oregano
Mix the dressing and pour over ingredients. Mix and serve!
I made this with freshly cooked chick peas and served it hot. Oh! It was good. Because I doubled the recipe I have had it for lunch for 2 days. I think it would be good with feta if you eat cheese. Also - perhaps a few pine nuts sprinkled on top!