Monday, February 21, 2011

When Things Don't Go The Way You Planned

Things don't always go the way you planned. When things don't go the way I've planned I feel disappointed. And, like many of you, I am an emotional eater.

Roland's father passed away on Friday and although we are happy that he is with his dear sweet Betty we feel sorry for our loss and are flooded with a large range of emotions. I have found that I want sugar very much. But I know it will make me feel sick and it will fuel a greater need for sugar.

In times of mourning it is important to be kind to yourself. This is not the time to fight the big battle. So, I am being kind to myself with food. Really kind. I'm being my own best friend to make sure I feel good. Rather than fight that sugar urge I am giving in with fruit and it works! It works much better than chocolate or Krispy Kreme! After eating a orange I feel refreshed and calm. After eating pineapple I feel clean and sunny! When have you ever felt refreshed, engergized, and clean after gorging on junk food? Never.

I'd rather go into this week of mourning/celebration of life feeling fresh and capable than feeling exhausted and distracted by cravings.

..............

Week one of the 6 week committment = 5 lbs lost! Yay!

5 comments:

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! You will be in my prayers this week!

the wrath of khandrea said...

:o(

sad times. i admire your positive approach.

Susan Crane said...

My thoughts are with you both. Thank you so much for your continuing inspiration. it is such a gift.

Linda Austin Hart said...

Hug everyone for me...especially hug yourself for your positive attitude. xoxox

Carrie (Carrie on Vegan) said...

Don't try to fight the big battle, just do the best you can. You're doing an amazing job and your good habits will help see you through hard times.